Forums

Topic: Xbox Live Dream List - Which Games Would You Want To See?

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

SuperKMx

Purely a hypothetical, but if you had an infinite supply of money and there were no licensing or development issues to get in your way, which three titles - from any era, or any platform - would you like to see re-released on Xbox Live Arcade?

I thought of this the other day and it took me a good while to narrow it down to three. I'm going to go with these...

1) Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast) - I'm limiting my Dreamcast titles to just one, although given that the machine is easily my favourite console, I could have had all three as DC titles. Skies was a fantastic turn-based RPG that was so beautifully balanced and wonderfully realised, that I think even with the slightest lick of paint, it could hold its own today. Loved it. Shenmue would be a very close second, of course...

2) Stunt Car Racer (Amiga) - This was a boomer of a racing game back in the day. Rollercoaster-style circuits that tested the nerves beyond anything else meant that many a joystick went flying toward the window in anger when I played. Amazing.

3) Gitaroo Man (PlayStation 2) - I love me some music gaming, and Gitaroo Man was horrendously overlooked back in the day. One of the greatest soundtracks ever to grace a videogame and a really unique musical combat system came together to make a game that was memorable and an instant favourite of pretty much everyone I know who played it. I would give actual limbs to get this on XBLA.

So, what say you?

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

TheBase287

I would love to see Speed Freaks and the original Casper game (yeah, you heard me!) make a comeback, they were both amazing games. I would have said Beyond Good & Evil as the third option, but it's already there Ain't I the luckiest thing?

Kathryn Johnston

Twitter/GamerTag: TheBase287

EU Lightbringer: Amarante (Lvl. 90 Blood Elf Paladin)

Xbox Gamertag: TheBase287 | Twitter:

SuperKMx
TheBase287

I would love to see Speed Freaks and the original Casper game (yeah, you heard me!) make a comeback, they were both amazing games. I would have said Beyond Good & Evil as the third option, but it's already there Ain't I the luckiest thing?

I never played Speed Freaks. Might have to dig out the PSOne and see if I can find a copy...

Ken Barnes,

Tasuki

I am not sure if this is a long shot can't remember if Sony owns the rights to these games but I would love to see the first three Spyro games come to XBLA.  I have been wanting to play them again for awhile now and am having a hard time tracking them down for my PS2, having them on XBLA will make it so much easier.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

holchasaur

Rainbow Six 3 and RS3: Black Arrow. Playing on a team meant something in those games, and since team survival mode only gave you one life per match, everyone was cautious and made smart decisions. When you died you couldn't communicate with your teammates any longer, but you could spectate. I recall really enjoying that because I could learn from other players and see their strategies. I would really love to take those games online once again.

I could get behind XBLA versions of Jet Force Gemini and Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012 as well.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

TheBase287

Speed Freaks was my entire childhood.

Since BG&E is already there, I'm going to make my third wish Mickey's Wild Adventure. I have fond memories of a tiny Kate getting very upset at that game. So. Much. Rage.

Kathryn Johnston

Twitter/GamerTag: TheBase287

EU Lightbringer: Amarante (Lvl. 90 Blood Elf Paladin)

Xbox Gamertag: TheBase287 | Twitter:

CrazyOtto

* Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
* Knuckles Chaotix
* Chu Chu Rocket
* Mega Man: The Wily Wars
* Twinbee Yahho!

CrazyOtto

SuperKMx
CrazyOtto

* Super Monkey Ball Deluxe

Oh my! I totally forgot about Monkey Ball. Deluxe was the absolute greatest.

Ken Barnes,

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.