Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Ideas / Problems

Posts 1 to 20 of 51

Vincent294
Pure Xbox Ideas / Problems

Description:
Hey. If you have an idea for the site or are having problems, post your feedback here. There's a thread for this at Nintendo Life, so I thought I'd make one for this site too. If the staff wants to make their own thread for this and lock this one, that's fine.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Vincent294

This may be intended, but there's a second bar w/ a forums link at the top. Is that a display glitch or is that intentional?

Vincent294

SuperKMx

We can keep this one open, that's fine. A good idea.

The second forum bar is just a title for the forums, so its supposed to be there.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Vincent294

2 ideas that could improve the forums:
[list=*]
[*]Check the BBC Code help. It says for red font "(color=#FF0000)Red text(/color) produces Red text" (Note: brackets are replaced w/ parenthesis). Isn't that a little unintuitive, or is it a typo?[/*]
[*]Second, in my Minecraft thread, my designs on the 1st post take up a lot of room. Can there be a spoiler tag to hide spoilers + collapse certain sections of larger posts?[/*]
[/list]

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294
SuperKMx

Hi Vincent - where are you seeing that in the BBCode help? I'm looking here:- https://www.purexbox.com/forums/help.php#bbcode and I can't spy it.

Spoiler tag is a good idea - I'll put it on the list.

Look at the red font's area for how to format it. Maybe it's loading differently on my PC. What it shows is a way to use red font (it does work too), but using numbers vs the color's name is unintuitive to me. Thanks for considering the spoiler tag too. Preventing game spoils + making posts more compact is a double win.

Vincent294

SuperKMx

Ah, I see what you mean. It's just showing that you can use either way - either HTML color codes, or the name of the color. It should say (color=colorname) as that would make more sense.

If I'm right, this next bit should be in green...

This is green text

That was done with (color=green) - So you can use blue, red, green - whatever you can think of, really!

Ken Barnes,

Vincent294
SuperKMx

Ah, I see what you mean. It's just showing that you can use either way - either HTML color codes, or the name of the color. It should say (color=colorname) as that would make more sense.

If I'm right, this next bit should be in green...

This is green text

That was done with (color=green) - So you can use blue, red, green - whatever you can think of, really!

Cool!

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

Cool new look for the site. The icon for the site on the tab in my browser still shows purple for the p in Pure Xbox in case you guys forgot.
Edit: On the forums, if there's a large image, it stretches the other comments out making them hard to read on my 10" monitor. Is it possible to have an option in your profile to make all large images display smaller?

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

Is it possible to make the logins for Nintendo Life, Pure Xbox, & Push Square universal? It's annoying to re-enter your password on each one when you empty your browser's cache, cookies, history, etc. Also, just for a little visual improvement, if you have the time the reply button could be more smooth like the rest of the site is & have the corners rounded better / made square.

Vincent294

SuperKMx
VincentV

Cool new look for the site. The icon for the site on the tab in my browser still shows purple for the p in Pure Xbox in case you guys forgot.
Edit: On the forums, if there's a large image, it stretches the other comments out making them hard to read on my 10" monitor. Is it possible to have an option in your profile to make all large images display smaller?

Yeah, I'll look into the browser icon. Also, looking into the forum images issue for you too - it annoys me as well

Ken Barnes,

SuperKMx
VincentV

Is it possible to make the logins for Nintendo Life, Pure Xbox, & Push Square universal? It's annoying to re-enter your password on each one when you empty your browser's cache, cookies, history, etc. Also, just for a little visual improvement, if you have the time the reply button could be more smooth like the rest of the site is & have the corners rounded better / made square.

We'll see what we can do about the reply button. For the universal login though, I don't think that's going to be something we can do without potentially causing all sorts of issues. I shall bring it up the next time we're chatting about things of that nature, though!

Ken Barnes,

Vincent294
SuperKMx
VincentV

We'll see what we can do about the reply button. For the universal login though, I don't think that's going to be something we can do without potentially causing all sorts of issues. I shall bring it up the next time we're chatting about things of that nature, though!

Great. I also realized the submit & preview buttons also look a bit out of date in comparison to the site's look as well. They use the same basic design as the reply button though, so it should be easy. Good luck improving the site's look!

Vincent294

Vincent294

Anyone been getting the message you get when you log back in? I got it on NLife, & posted in a thread about it. Afterwards it stopped, but now it's happening here. Might be a glitch w/ the sites.
Edit: It seems to stop after you make a post in the forums.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

Anyone noticing the "Welcome, you are now logged in" screen coming up again? This is bizarre. It's no big issue, but there's no permanent fix.

Vincent294

SuperKMx
VincentV

Anyone noticing the "Welcome, you are now logged in" screen coming up again? This is bizarre. It's no big issue, but there's no permanent fix.

Yeah, it was happening for a while. I think it's been rectified now as it isn't happening for me anymore.

Ken Barnes,

SuperKMx

Hmm. And now its back. We'll look into it!

Ken Barnes,

Captain_Chao5

Suggestion (and please don't shoot me if this has been done already).

What about a thread for game nights? A place for people to hook-up and play a particular game?

I did have a look and couldn't see one - but I am still getting used to the layout of this site.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

crippyd

Captain, we are thinking the same. I dropped a note in the features thread, pop over and have a look.

HEADESTROYER4Staff

HEADESTROYER4 said:

@crippyd

We had one organized for Halo:MCC upon launch, that didn't go well (as none of us could play online).

If the interest is here for MCC get togethers I'll re-start a thread and oversee that it happens. We just need enough players and a time/day that most of us are available.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

PeTitosaurus
Captain_Chao5

Suggestion (and please don't shoot me if this has been done already).

What about a thread for game nights? A place for people to hook-up and play a particular game?

I did have a look and couldn't see one - but I am still getting used to the layout of this site.

I love this idea! *scribbles down under "more things to nag at Ken about"*

Emma "Tito" - the Swankee speaking Swede and quirky blonde.

Xbox Gamertag: PeTitosaurus | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.