Forums

Topic: Best SNK fighter on XBLA

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

WolfRamHeart

What is your favorite SNK fighting game on XBLA? I am looking for a good game to download so I was hoping to get some impressions of what is worth getting. I am considering getting King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match or Garou: Mark of the Wolves. I tried out a few demos but I still can't decide which is best. I don't own any of the SNK fighters yet so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WolfRamHeart

The_Fox

I always kinda liked NeoGeo Battle Coliseum and Samurai Shodown 2.  Mark of the Wolves is pretty highly regarded, although I never cared much for it personally.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

CanisWolfred

Mark of the Wolves gets my vote, followed by King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match and King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match. Neo Geo Colluseum and Samurai Shodown II were good, too, but I felt they were better on the PS2. I suppose Ultimate Match was, too, but then again, the Xbla version also had online MP. Fatal Fury Special was unplayable, unfortunately.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sykotek

MotW is closest to a Street Fighter type experience meaning you can easily pick up and learn the moves and mechanics, but will take you considerably more effort to master the game, so I highly recommend starting with that if you haven't played SNK fighters before.

NGBC would be my second choice/recommendation for easing you into SNK fighters.

I would have definitely suggested SamShoII, but I heard the conversion wasn't good quality, so I didn't get it myself.  Its a shame, it was a very fun game, but I also have it for multiple other systems.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Corbs

MotW is the best 2D fighting game I've ever played. You could spend months trying to completely learn a character and their move sets to the fullest. I've had the MVS cart of it in my cabinet since the day I bought it 6 years ago and it never leaves it.

Plain old gamer :)

WolfRamHeart

Thanks for the input everyone! It looks like Garou: Mark of the Wolves is strong favorite so far. I think that I will give that one a try for now. I will definitely consider some of the other recommendations down the line. Oh and if people wish to continue discussing SNK fighting games here then feel free to do so.

WolfRamHeart

CanisWolfred
Corbie

MotW is the best 2D fighting game I've ever played. You could spend months trying to completely learn a character and their move sets to the fullest. I've had the MVS cart of it in my cabinet since the day I bought it 6 years ago and it never leaves it.

Agreed. Few games have been as deep and diverse yet surprisingly accessible as Mark of the Wolves, at least from my experience. Not just the moves, but all the naunces that come with it give you plenty to do for years.

WolfRamHeart

Thanks for the input everyone! It looks like Garou: Mark of the Wolves is strong favorite so far. I think that I will give that one a try for now. I will definitely consider some of the other recommendations down the line. Oh and if people wish to continue discussing SNK fighting games here then feel free to do so.

Hope you like it, man!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.