Forums

Topic: E3 2015 - what are we hoping for?

Posts 21 to 25 of 25

sorethumbed

TBH, bit ha VR headset, all I'd be able to use it for is movies. Anything else and I'd need a bucket 😓😓😓😓😓

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

BAMozzy

PeTitosaurus wrote:

As it is now, I have more faith in AR than in VR, to be honest. VR seems like it's heading down the 'gimmick' route, kind of in the same way as Kinect did. I'm of course interested to see where it all ends up, but I doubt it's the future of gaming. As it stands now and where it seems to be heading it's too exclusive, too much effort and too expensive. I think Microsoft were cleaver to go for the Hololens type of headset - all while teaming up with the 'best on the market' for the VR experience, as to not miss out in case it actually does kick of.

This is exactly my thoughts too. VR isn't that much more than a 'portable screen' strapped to your head and for the most part, that's all it will be used for. I know a few games will make use of motion - ie the view on screen moves according to where you look but I bet most use it as an extra screen.

VR is very much an anti-social experience too. At least with AR you can still see and interact with people around you. I still wonder about the impact on health that using VR could have. It maybe OK in small doses - like 30mins-1hour at a time at a demo show, but what about those people that game for hours at a time and daily too? Not just the physical impact on eyes - having screen(s) strapped that close, focusing on them and things that close etc, but the mental impact too. We know that the brain can be 'altered' through 'Perceptual Adaption'. There is also the risk from not being aware of anything around you too. AR gets round all these by having the 'real' world in view.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

PeTitosaurus

sorethumbed wrote:

TBH, bit ha VR headset, all I'd be able to use it for is movies. Anything else and I'd need a bucket 😓😓😓😓😓

Maybe that could be a possible retail bundle, haha? A headset, a game and a bucket.

Edited on by PeTitosaurus

Emma "Tito" - the Swankee speaking Swede and quirky blonde.

Xbox Gamertag: PeTitosaurus | Twitter:

sorethumbed

PeTitosaurus wrote:

sorethumbed wrote:

Maybe that could be a possible retail bundle, haha? A headset, a game and a bucket.

Yup, but just imagine, that moment comes and you can't find the bucket because you've got a headset on!

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

PeTitosaurus

Haha! That'd be...unfortunate. Maybe they can develop some kind of contraption that will attach the bucket to the headset and fasten in in an appropriate position ? Call it a deluxe model.

Emma "Tito" - the Swankee speaking Swede and quirky blonde.

Xbox Gamertag: PeTitosaurus | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.