Forums

Topic: What are you watching?

Posts 141 to 160 of 325

crippyd

@sorethumbed That's pretty much what I thought. Me and my wife watched about 20 minutes of the first one and then it got binned.

Watched the first episode of series 2 of Agent Carter last night and enjoyed it. Good action and a decent story, looks promising. Also been watching the new series of Gotham and SHIELD both which have really upped their game from the last series. Finally, I finished Jessica Jones and I really wish that it had started as strongly as it finished as, in my opinion, it would have been a much better show. @stylon I agree with your point about it feeling artificially extended and the actual ending was a bit of a let down as there could have been a truly epic showdown or a massive spectacle that Marvel are usually so good at.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

Not tried Agent Carter yet, although I've seen her character in some cross-over episodes of Agents of Shield... what's it like? Is it just like Shield only set in the 40's?

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

Yeah, I would say that is probably a fair description. It also has a focus on the sexual discrimination that she faces. It's an enjoyable watch for sure.

crippyd

Captain_Chao5

Recently discovered Life On Mars (Thanks Amazon Prime) and currently watching the follow-up Ashes to Ashes. Plus Agents of Shield and Gotham.

Edited on by Captain_Chao5

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

stylon

@Captain_Chao5: I envy you - that's one of my all time favourite shows. Gene Hunt was a fantastic, larger than life character. I grew up in the 70's and just seeing all the little references to 70's culture was a treat in itself. Ashes to Ashes was good, loved Keeley Hawes (Lara Croft lol) but didn't feel it was as good as Life on Mars.

stylon

sorethumbed

@stylon: Yeah, it took me back to a decade that for some obscure reason I have difficulty remembering. Loved it.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Captain_Chao5

@stylon: I agree. Life on Mars was epic. Gene Hunt is a legend. Ashes is quite good as I'm an 80's fan, but the earlier series was better.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

stylon

The first season of 'Mad Dogs' sees Philip Glennister and John Simms back together and is a really good watch - darkly humorous too. They did a couple more seasons but they were pretty poor by comparison.

Really wish they'd do a stand alone period cop show with Gene Hunt starring. No political correctness rubbish. Sort of like a modern day Sweeney (only still set in the past obviously)

Edited on by stylon

stylon

crippyd

They were both amazing shows! I've got them both on DVD and Gene Hunt is without a doubt Philip Glennister's best character and the best character of both series. Love it, love it, love it!!

crippyd

MsJubilee

Man rewatching The Sopranos in Amazon Prime. Makes me realize nothing can touch this show. It's so amazing.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Xbox Gamertag: Cherry5268

sorethumbed

Dallas Buyers Club. Just watched it on prime. One hell of a film.

sorethumbed

Great, I hope you enjoy it, we certainly did.

holchasaur

@sorethumbed: Sadly, I wasn't able to watch Dallas Buyers Club last night. It wasn't available to rent through my cable provider, nor was it on Netflix, Hulu, or any of the OnDemand premium movie channels that I subscribe to. I'm guessing I'll have to wait for its Amazon Prime deal to expire before it'll be available to rent again.

On a positive note, the wife and I started watching Vikings last night. I think we're about four or five episodes into the first season, and it's really growing on us. If anyone's curious about it, the first three seasons are available on Hulu in the US (not sure if the show selection is different in other regions).

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

sorethumbed

Yeah, I'm into season 4 now. I really like it. Goes with my heritage. I'm from the North of Scotland but genetically from Norway. It's like watching family history lol.

RR529

Fuller House (Netflix original).

Me and my bro have been slowly going through it since it released (we're only halfway through).

It has completely captured the cheesy/feel-good 80's/90's sitcom vibe of the original perfectly. Watching it brings me back to being a kid, as I can't help but smile while watching it. If you have fond memories of the original, you'll love this.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shonenjump86

Watching my shows on Hulu. Grimm, How to Get Away with Murder, Modern Family, Blackish, Empire, Agents of Shield, Once Upon a Time, Quantico. There are some anime I want to catch up on like One Punch Man and Food Wars.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

Xbox Gamertag: Shonenjump86

RR529

season 2 of Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix original).

Haven't had the chance to watch any today, but yesterday I watched the first 4 episodes, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

sorethumbed

Down and dirty with Vikings series 4. It's getting messy.

crippyd

Watching some cool programs at the minute. Daredevil season 2, The Blacklist, Quantico, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Flash, Big Bang Theory and many more.

crippyd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic