Forums

Topic: What are you watching?

Posts 121 to 140 of 325

crippyd

@MegaKillScreen I agree with you that the villain is good in Jessica Jones its just that the first two episodes are too slow for me. I've watched three episodes of Supergirl and I think it'll get binned off as it is one of the more poor superhero series.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

crippyd

@MegaKillScreen I did enjoy the third episode as it addressed my concerns with the first two in about the first five minutes and it really should have started that way in my opinion. I'm going to give it a shot to see how it goes as I was quite looking forward to it and have enjoyed the Marvel tv stuff so far, even Agents of Shield.

crippyd

stylon

@MegaKillScreen: What you've just said there worries me.. I spent most of the first two episodes waiting for something to happen... sounds like nothing ever does!

@crippyd We absolutely loved Constantine... British guy who played him was superb and he obviously had a lot of fun in the role. Gutted to hear there will never be another season though. Really enjoyed Agents of Shield too... got the season 2 boxset sat on my Sky box waiting to be viewed

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon @MegaKillScreen Just watched ep 4 of Jessica Jones and it was a decent effort. Moved the story along nicely, a bit of superhero type stuff and a good story contained in the ep along with the over riding arc. Will definitely be watching more. Absolutely gutted about Constantine it was a really great show, enjoyed all the episodes and it looked like it would have gone in a really interesting direction.

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: we finished watching JJ last week. It did improve but it's certainly no Flash or Arrow or even DareDevil... David Tenant played his part really well but we just couldn't warm to the JJ character at all. She was pretty unlikeable and made many stupid decisions seemingly just to prolong the plot which I found exasperating to say the least. If this gets a season 2 and yet Constantine didn't then it's a truly unjust world.

Edited on by stylon

stylon

crippyd

@stylon Totally agree on Constantine, its criminal it didn't get a second series. I wonder if Sky or another channel will perhaps pick it up, especially after the appearance in Arrow.

crippyd

stylon

Just finished watching season 3 of Person of Interest on Netflix... awesome show but disappointed they don't have season 4 available. Anyone know a service that does have it? Anyone recommend something similar?

stylon

sorethumbed

Just watched a film on prime called "Wild Tales". Believe me, it stretched the definition of Black Comedy to its limits but was ultimately quite funny and also a dark thriller.

It's in Spanish (Argentinian) subtitled but well worth a watch. Stick with it.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Jairo_MC

@stylon: Person of Interest is awesome! bought all the DVDs and season 4 is fantastic. I don't know if you watched it yet, but I found Fringe and Orphan Black pretty great too.

Edited on by Jairo_MC

Jairo_MC

Xbox Gamertag: JairoMC | Twitter:

stylon

@Jairo_MC: Watched Fringe when it originally aired on Sky and it was brilliant - really enjoyed Orphan Black too.

Just finished watching Man in the High Castle which was very interesting albeit a bit of a slow burner. Now watching Arrow season 3 which is just as good as ever.

stylon

Jairo_MC

@stylon: I thought Season 3 of Arrow was its weakest. I still love the show but it was subpar.
Fringe is one of my favourite shows and I too watched it when it aired.

Jairo_MC

stylon

@Jairo_MC: nooooo - disappointed to hear that about Arrow - only watched the first 2 shows so far and thought they were great... guess it goes downhill :- (

stylon

crippyd

@stylon my brother thought that series 3 is the best so far on Arrow especially with the Flash crossover bits. I've not watched more than the first few of series 1 as I found the acting to be so wooden it was like watching a sideboard.

crippyd

Jairo_MC

@stylon: Like @crippyd said, it all depends to taste and the beggining of the season is really good.
However, even though I enjoyed it, it was far below of what came before. I hear Season 4 is better, but I haven't watched it yet.

Jairo_MC

stylon

I'm half-way through season 3 of Arrow now and think it's brilliant so it just goes to show how everyone's tastes differ lol.

stylon

RR529

Guess I'll share what I've watched since Autumn until now.

Live Action:

• Arrow Season 3 - Didn't enjoy it as much as the first two seasons, but I still liked it more than most. I liked the addition of The ATOM.
  • the Flash Season 1 - Best superhero show I've ever watched (maybe by comparison it made Arrow season 3 look weaker than it was?). That perfect balance of seriousness & lightheartedness that most other superhero shows lack, and many episodes felt like mini movies in their own right.
  • Marvel's Jessica Jones Season 1 - Can be really dark (even darker than Marvel's Daredevil), but it tells a real intriguing, edge of your seat story, with easily the most hate-able villian in the entire MCU.
  • Atelier - Japanese show that Netflix has exclusive license to in the U.S., and I've only just started watching it. Not something I'd normally watch, but I figured I'd give it a shot to support the idea of them licensing more Japanese shows (I'd be interested if they got a Samurai or Yakuza drama). Luckily, I've actually found it kind of charming, and find some of the character interaction to be humorous.

Anime:

• Godannar - "Super Robot" style show with a fair amount of fanservice. It's pretty by the numbers, but I found it to be a fun time.
  • The Sacred Blacksmith - Pretty generic fantasy setting & story, but I'll take it over the more zany fair of One Piece & the like. Not very long, though, with some story threads left open.
  • Gundam 00 Season 1 - Really good. It's been ages since I've watched a Gundam, and this really hit the spot. Can't wait to get to season 2 to see where they go with it.
  • Sengoku Musou (Samurai Warriors) - Pretty average, but if you like the games, you might get some enjoyment from it. While the key players' abilities are exaggerated, the history behind everything is real, which is cool.
  • Lupin the 3rd: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine - Only just started watching it, but it really has me hooked. It's more risque than past shows, but still undeniably Lupin the 3rd. Art direction is fantastic, and I've loved each episode's story so far.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

crippyd

I've been giving Jessica Jones another try and I would say that it has been average in my opinion. David Tenant is good as the bad guy but I think the lady who plays JJ just needs to stop sucking lemons, the permascowl is getting on my nerves. I want to love it as I have all the Marvel films but it just isn't getting me going. I'm going to watch the rest of the series (I'm on ep 7) and leave it after that unless it improves.

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: I agree with that assessment... I've watched the whole series and whilst it does get better and DT is indeed a great villain - JJ was was just incredibly irritating throughout. I also found the series reached a point where I thought it should have reached its natural conclusion but didn't... I felt the plot had been deliberately contrived just to stretch it out further. Can't really say much more without spoilers but you may/may not feel the same by the end... or it might just have been me lol. Either way it's a low point for all things Marvel for me.

stylon

sorethumbed

Yay Shetland back on. I'm on translator duty for the next few weeks.

sorethumbed

Well I've just started watching the BBC's interpretation of the Wikipedia synopsis of War and Peace.... meh.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic