Forums

Topic: What are you watching?

Posts 101 to 120 of 325

sorethumbed

Only watched episode 1 shofar. It was pretty good but my wife thought a wee bit violent (I didn't think so but there were a couple of ouch moments). I liked what I saw.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

holchasaur

@MegaKillScreen: Yeah, my wife and I watched two episodes yesterday and we're just kinda "meh" on it. It's a bit pretentious, honestly. I really do like the mystery and fogginess of the events, but I don't like how vague the show is with just about every detail and storyline. Plus, some of the acting isn't very convincing.

But it feels wrong to judge the show too harshly based on two episodes. I'm sure we'll watch the rest of the season to see if things come together. I can definitely see the potential, but there needs to be better execution and more exposition if I'm going to stick with it for the long haul.

@sorethumbed If you thought the first episode of SOA was violent... Oh man, there's some crazy stuff headed to your eyeballs in future seasons. But the ride is definitely worth taking. There are some ups and downs (season three being a low point), but the show is extremely entertaining.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

sorethumbed

@DRL, my wife thought it was violent, I was ok with it. She tolerates violence 'in context' and I have no idea of what that means (although the Angel guy in Vikings was ok as it was 'historical').

I did watch a great Jake Gyllenhall movie on prime called Nightcrawlers which was brilliant. Best part I've ever seen him play.

MsJubilee

Just started watching Rick and Morty. God that show's awesome!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Xbox Gamertag: Cherry5268

crippyd

Watched the first ep of The Flash season 2 last night. What do you all think?

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

No spoilers please... we're not watching it until we have the entire series recorded so we can binge watch. Now there's discipline for you!

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon My brother is waiting until he has watched the last series of Arrow until he gets to this as, like you, he doesn't want spoilers. Fair play on your resolve there, I'm too impatient to wait for the full series of anything.

crippyd

RR529

Yeah, Rick & Morty is pretty funny. The best original program Adult Swim has put out in years (That's actually not saying much, since most of AS's originals are garbage, but Rick & Morty is really, really good).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jairo_MC

I just finished watching the 4th Season of Person of Interest and it was awesome. I don't know what happened to the show as Season 1 was a bit boring, Season 2 was prety good but not great. However Season 3 and 4 are all around amazing! I'm really looking forward to see what happens on Season 5.
I also preffer to watch when the season is over and all the episodes are available. Right now I'm watching the first Season of The Flash, the 3rd of Arrow and the 2nd of Batman Beyond (which I found cheap on Amazon a few months ago).
The only show that I can't wait to watch is The Good Wife and i'm enjoying Season 7 so far. I also couldn't resist to see what would happen with Heroes Reborn, so there’s that too.
Other than that, I’m really enjoying Death Note!

Jairo_MC

Xbox Gamertag: JairoMC | Twitter:

Captain_Chao5

So I caved in to Amazons £20 off Prime offer yesterday. Not yet looked through the TV shows and Films available. Any recommendations?

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

stylon

@Captain_Chao5: Definitely give Bosch a go - Titus Welliver (guy from Lost) plays a really great, slightly quirky detective who just does whatever he needs to do to crack a child murder case. Me and the missus absolutely loved it.

stylon

sorethumbed

@Captain_Chao5
Series
Transparent is good (a bit quirky). Was probably our favourite (My wife and I gorged it one rainy Sunday).
Outlander is OK but takes a weird turn.
The 100 is quite good but they're all too young lol.

Films (don't expect too much). Although it does have one of my all time fav films, Eagles Wing.

Edited on by sorethumbed

Captain_Chao5

Thanks guys!

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

SuperKMx

Captain_Chao5 wrote:

So I caved in to Amazons £20 off Prime offer yesterday. Not yet looked through the TV shows and Films available. Any recommendations?

If you like political stuff, then Alpha House is good. Didn't expect to enjoy it, but it was a good watch.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

holchasaur

The wife and I are going to binge on Jessica Jones tonight. Anyone else doing the same? Word on the street is that it's a pretty great show – on par with Daredevil, even, which was awesome.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

stylon

Be interested to know myself, loved DareDevil... but hasn't her character lost her superpower in this show? Worried it might be a bit dull because of it... could be wrong - never heard of this Marvel character before this week.

stylon

sorethumbed

Just watched the weirdest film on Amazon. Under the skin with Scarlett Johansson. I'd tell you what it was about but I haven't a clue. Quite enjoyed my wife trying to fathom the Scottish accents though (she needed an interpreter - me).

crippyd

@DRL @stylon I've watched the first three episodes and tbh I thought the first two were poor. The story dragged at a snail's pace and it wasn't until the third that anything was explained, which to me should be in the first one. Also there was no 'wow' moment or anything to get you hooked. I only kept watching as I've read really good things and I wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong. I'd be interested to know what you think?

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: Watched the first two episodes over the weekend and totally agree with your take on it... it wasn't until the bar fight near the end of episode two where you see something with Spartan Locke that it showed any glimmer of being interesting. My wife wanted to bail after the first episode as she said it was 'boring'... persuaded her to persevere as, like you, I'd heard good stuff about it. If episode 3 doesn't pick up then I think we'll be abandoning ship... DareDevil certainly didn't take anywhere near this long to get going....

stylon

crippyd

@stylon I watched the first three episodes of Constantine last night and wow, what a difference from Jessica Jones. In the first 5 minutes you know who he is, what his motivation is and what he can do, just how I think a first episode should go on. I would highly recommend this if a bit of horror is your thing. It is very much in the vein of Supernatural but unfortunately it only got one series as some bright spark decided to cancel it.

crippyd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic