Forums

Topic: What are you listening to?

Posts 141 to 160 of 184

sorethumbed

Well just about anything on my rediscovered monitors ATM. Went up in the loft today and found my old monitors (I used to have a small studio for a while). I've got a set of KRK rokits (5's) and sub up there (active studio monitors). I took them down to take to the shop to sell but after hooking them up to test prior to disposal, I downloaded a couple of 192k and 96k demos just to give them a whirl. Knocked out is nowhere close to a suitable response! So the monitors are staying and I'm going to invest in a DAC to use (instead of the I/o card I've got at the moment as its only 96k. Fffffflip it sounds good!

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

sorethumbed

So, yesterday was one of those days when I just need to be in bed. This bores me to tears so wandered round You tube for several hours. results as follows:
Seasick Steve - can't teach an old dog new tricks (latest album)
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (old)
Steve Ray Vaughan - live at the El Mocambo (one of my Fav rock concerts)
Then the wind-down
Emmy Lou Harris - some of her good stuff
Doobie brothers, Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, Dobie Gray.

Man I feel good this morning!

tylertreese

I've been listening to Sheezus a lot. not a big pop fan but lily allen is too smart to not listen to.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

Vincent294

Well it looks as if we have two good hip-hop albums this year. Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly and Lupe Fiasco's Tetsuo & Youth. Random and J Cole have also put out some good stuff, but other than that it seemed as if the genre's been dead. Here's hoping rock can get similar treatment.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

tylertreese

Vincent294 wrote:

Well it looks as if we have two good hip-hop albums this year. Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly and Lupe Fiasco's Tetsuo & Youth. Random and J Cole have also put out some good stuff, but other than that it seemed as if the genre's been dead. Here's hoping rock can get similar treatment.

I didn't care for To Pimp a Butterfly at all. Wasn't bad but I wasn't impressed by it. I need to listen to it again. I liked good kid maad city and section 80 but this wasn't my jam for whatever reason.

I haven't kept up to date with Lupe since LASERS. I didn't hate that album like a lot of people did, production was a bit overdone but the bars were fine.

I don't feel like the genre has been dead at all. Been seeing a lot of talented new artists hit like Odd Future. Plus Charles Hamilton seemingly has gotten his stuff together and is releasing an album this year. So hyped for that. Dude is the most talented rapper I have probably ever listened to which makes his missteps so frustrating as a fan.

Edited on by tylertreese

Red620Ti

Been listening to a bit of old skool Billy Joel last couple of days...

See, I'm still down with the cool kids!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

sorethumbed

Fever Ray. Not what I would usually listen to but I love it. I find it hypnotic. Amazing.

sorethumbed

So I actually bought a single (download) today for the first time ever (in my life - I never buy singles). I had a credit on Amazon that was about to expire so I bought Leona Lewis' single (Fire under my feet) and Elayna Boynton's One Roomed Paradise (was an ikea advert).

Vincent294

Silversun Pickups' new album Better Nature is good. I'm gonna have to get at least Cradle, Friendly Fires, Circadian Rhythm, and Ragamuffin.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

tylertreese

Been listening to the Lapsed Fan pro wrestling podcast. Good stuff.

Captain_Chao5

Picked up "5 years of Deadmau5" and also the new(ish) album by The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

sorethumbed

The Black Keys. Some of the dirtiest guitar work I've heard in a while.

holchasaur

Been listening to Red City Radio's self-titled album a ton lately. Really good mid-tempo punk/rock stuff. The singer has a gruff voice, which might turn some people off on a first listen, but the hooks are strong enough to offset it. I'd say check it out if you like Gaslight Anthem, Hot Water Music, or Living With Lions.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

Red620Ti

Sisters of Mercy - Vision thing. Been a while! Really forgot how much I used to like these...

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

crippyd

Top of the pops from March '81. There are some 'interesting' songs on there. Good ones like The Who and Duran Duran and then some more left field material such as Visage and then the cheese like Bucks Fizz and Toyah. Bringing back memories of being 6!

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.