Forums

Topic: Anything Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 385

sorethumbed

Well, everything survived, apart from the Amazon Fire game controller.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

sorethumbed

I knew consoles could be dangerous but the BBC reckon that Russia's activities in the ME could drag us all into world war Wiii. Would U ever have thought it?
They've fixed it. It now reads will.

Edited on by sorethumbed

sorethumbed

So, a friend of mine is looking after his dad who is EOL. The poor old guy can't even get into bed, he sleeps in a chair. He is also looking after someone else's dog. Anyway, the old guy falls out of the chair during the night. The dog comes to my friends room and wakes him up,to let him know. Amazing, it's not even their dog!

sorethumbed

So, my wife went into hospital today. Normally she goes in for two weeks, we were due to go on our first holiday in a looonnnnggg time in 1 week.
She went into the new Southmead hospital in Bristol. There is a huge atrium in the middle. I kid you not, there was a guy in full dress playing a Baby Grand piano in the atrium. What the f.... Are the NHS doing with our money.

Captain_Chao5

Sorry to hear your Wife is unwell @Sorethumbed. Hope she's soon mended and you can get away for a break.

As for the piano player....words fail me!

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

sorethumbed

Meanwhile she's in an area where she has moved beds six times in 5 days. They're sending her home tomorrow, we then have to make a 70 mile round trip four times a day (every 6 hours) for a week. There are no beds. People are in the corridors behind screens. I have no idea what's happened to hospitals in the last 12 months. This isn't down to this government, it takes about 10 years to plan/build a hospital.

The plan was to build one 'super hospital' to replace the two main hospitals (with less beds), close the two main hospitals and build cottage hospitals to take patients from the 'super hospitals' after 3 days and all of this done with private money (Ie the NHS doesn't own the hospitals - they rent them). Great idea. The new hospital was built, the two old main hospitals were closed. No private money came forwards for the cottage hospitals so they weren't built. Result, one brand new hospital with less beds than were needed 10 years ago and no parking. Effing chaos.

Edited on by sorethumbed

JamesGoblin

That indeed sounds like some kind of weird horror comedy!? Hope your wife is getting better!

Not in the head!

sorethumbed

@JamesGoblin: Thanks, she's out of hospital now but not really fixed. The final count was 8 room changes in 14 days. If there was an NHS record for it, I think it just got broken 😚😚

sorethumbed

Well, my mum died about 12 years ago now. I found it difficult to deal with some of the personal posessions so I just boxed them up and brought them south with me in the car. I was having a clearout the other day and came across this stuff (I'd forgotten all about it) and in amongst it were some of my grandfathers stuff from the second world war including a beautiful letter from someone in North Wales thanking my grandfather for looking after her husband during the war along with a silver cigarette case (An obviously expensive gift at that time). I have no idea what he did and there is noone left to ask. He wasn't a medic (radio operator) so the looking after wasn't that. Talk about frustrating.

Edited on by sorethumbed

Red620Ti

Could you trace anything from the person who sent the letter? Sounds like a fascinating tale to unravel!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

sorethumbed

@Red620Ti: Very difficult, the letter is over 70 years old. The address just says 'North Wales'. Im going to try contacting his regiment to see if they can give me any leads as to who he served with in the war that might be from North Wales. There cant have been many groups with someone from North Wales and someone from north Scotland. Like many of his generation, he never talked about his service. Whenever I asked, we always wound up taling about fishing. I'm fascinated.

sorethumbed

You know those semi-waking dreams that you have that are influenced by something in the environment? Well this morning I was dreaming about being attacked by birds. Rolled over and there was a newly fledged wren sitting on my radiator making a hell of a racket. Little sod had pooed on the carpet and window sill as well. Had a hell of a job geting him out of the room uninjured.

JamesGoblin

I had similar adventure with stray cat the other day - silly thing shamelessly jumped in through my window (second floor) and started purring and looking at me, wanted just to play!? Absolutely no fear, and it wasn't interested in food at all.

It really made my day, I had 5 min fun with crazy animal and then tricked it to walk out of the door. For whatever reason, I spent the rest of that day smiling like an idiot

Not in the head!

Red620Ti

RIP Indeed.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

stylon

Yeah, seems to be a recurring thing... first we got orphaned from the OXM site and now PX. Anyone know of any other Xbox only sites?

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

Red620Ti

No mate, sorry.........

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.