Forums

Topic: Anything Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 385

Vincent294

I'd like to see what Nintendo has to offer assuming they offer some more details on NX. Microsoft will have tons of things, and maybe Sony will have a surprise or two.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

PeTitosaurus

Microsoft representatives have been dropping hints all over the place about new, unannounced exclusives and I'm looking forward to that. But yeah, it'll be interesting to see what the others come up with - especially Nintendo.

Emma "Tito" - the Swankee speaking Swede and quirky blonde.

Xbox Gamertag: PeTitosaurus | Twitter:

BAMozzy

I like E3 too. It often has a few 'surprises' and often gives a bit more information than can change my opinion on certain games - usually for the better. I know pre-E3 leaks can affect the impact of the announcements (like the Halo: MCC leak) but there was still the surprise of Scalebound.(something I hope to hear more about)
I don't feel 'disappointed' by games after the way they are presented at E3 as I know that games (as well as EVERY product - media or otherwise) are always promoted in a positive way. Often though it is an opportunity to see more about certain games (inc gameplay), see what's on the horizon and update my watch/wanted lists.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

tylertreese

PeTitosaurus wrote:

Microsoft representatives have been dropping hints all over the place about new, unannounced exclusives and I'm looking forward to that. But yeah, it'll be interesting to see what the others come up with - especially Nintendo.

Well, I would hope so. Kind of the whole point of the presser.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Anyone else tired of the remastered trend?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Xbox Gamertag: Cherry5268

Vincent294

TwilightAngel wrote:

I'm all for more games, including ports, but as far as glorified ports go...not so much. The only one worthy of being called remastered was GTA V, and Rockstar was too good for that crap. Marketing...I will say there's been a lack of new games however. That could be fixed, but they better not be rushed.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

BAMozzy

TwilightAngel wrote:

Not me. Certain games should stay in the past but there are others that I would enjoy playing again. There is also a whole new generation of gamers. Just because some of us have been gaming for more years than we probably want to admit to, there are people who are new to gaming and have never played these classics and iconic games. Personally I would love to see a Mass Effect, Uncharted and Gears of War remastered trilogy. People can be put off from playing a 'numbered' or sequel game if they haven't played the previous one(s) too - Like trying to watch a series from mid-way or a later season...

I can think of quite a few games from the Nintendo 64 era I wouldn't mind seeing remastered (if they don't do a new version) Blast Corps, Jet Set Gemini, Shadowman. I hoped Darkwatch would have become a franchise but I wouldn't mind a remake. I am sure that there are games that we all wouldn't mind playing again...

Edited on by BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

tylertreese

Vincent294 wrote:

The only one worthy of being called remastered was GTA V

I take it you haven't played The Last of Us then?

BAMozzy

TylerTreese wrote:

Vincent294 wrote:

I kind of get what Vincent means (if I understand correctly). There is a difference between just giving a game a visual upgrade (like many get inc the Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs) and adding in a whole new way to play (like GTAv's first person perspective or some of Resident Evils new dialogue and new areas). You can't say the next gen version is a HD version (as that was so last gen) as both the old and new versions are HD quality

tylertreese

It wasn't just a visual upgrade. A lot of these games are getting frame-rate boosts which change how the game plays. Clear difference between DmC on ps3 and ps4, y'know?

Plus, even if it was just a visual upgrade then great. Visuals are a huge part of a game. If they can look better than awesome.

Vincent294

BAMozzy wrote:

TylerTreese wrote:

Vincent294 wrote:

I kind of get what Vincent means (if I understand correctly). There is a difference between just giving a game a visual upgrade (like many get inc the Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs) and adding in a whole new way to play (like GTAv's first person perspective or some of Resident Evils new dialogue and new areas). You can't say the next gen version is a HD version (as that was so last gen) as both the old and new versions are HD quality

Maybe I was a little too harsh but unless something's very noticeable in the gameplay, it just seems like what I would expect out of a port. Performance and visuals count, but only GTA's first person mode and wealth of new Easter eggs was the only one that justified anything along the lines of 'Definitive Edition" for me. The rest did changes that were just expected. Better frame rate, better graphics, camera mode, etc.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Red620Ti

Any reason? Or just going to concentrate on your writing?

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

tylertreese

Red620Ti wrote:

Any reason? Or just going to concentrate on your writing?

Combination of wanting to do that and being tired of constantly being treated like crap.

PeTitosaurus

mindtwang wrote:

PeTitosaurus wrote:

Maybe should've phrased that better: I'm looking forward to see what they'll present and how, show wise. I'm all about the show.

mindtwang wrote:

Just quit my job. Scary/exciting.

Little over a year ago, I did the same. Good on you for taking the leap!

Edited on by PeTitosaurus

Emma "Tito" - the Swankee speaking Swede and quirky blonde.

Xbox Gamertag: PeTitosaurus | Twitter:

tylertreese

PeTitosaurus wrote:

mindtwang wrote:

PeTitosaurus wrote:

Maybe should've phrased that better: I'm looking forward to see what they'll present and how, show wise. I'm all about the show.

haha no you phrased it fine. I'm just a jerk, Em.

SuperKMx

mindtwang wrote:

Just quit my job. Scary/exciting.

Welcome to the world laddo. Did the same about three years ago and haven't looked back. Best thing I ever did.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.