Forums

Topic: Anything Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 385

Vincent294

shingi_70 wrote:

Sitting in my ruby class and everything I try on my own sees to be on right path but doesn't work at all. Its so discouraging. Blah

I know is shouldn't expect to be an expert after a two week class,

Reminds me of my mod of a mod on Garry's Mod. I've been meaning to learn Ruby, so keep up the good work.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Red620Ti

Had the morning from hell this morning, this country sucks at dealing with cold!

Left the house at 06:40. Walked with my 3 year old son to the child minders, pavements like an ice rink. He must have fallen 10 times, each time I managed to hold him up as he holding my hand, but a child swinging on the end of your arm when you're pushing a bike with the other gets a little wearying.

Anyway, drop him off, and think "Its too goddamn cold to ride all the way, I'll get the train" so pedal off to the station. Get there at 07:05, train due at 07:21. It turned up at 07:57. I start work at 08:00. So I get into Nottingham, get back on my bike, pedal all the way to work then as soon as I turn into our drive I hit a massive patch of ice and fell off my bike. Banged my elbow and knee up, and twisted my back or something.

Wish I'd just stayed in bed............

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

TallPaul70

Wow, major suckage, mate, sympathy, hope your day has got better, at least now it's the weekend... woo hoo!

TallPaul70

crippyd

Could I get some advice from the UK side of this lovely forum please?
My wife and I are looking for new mobiles, she is interested in the Sony Z3 and I would like to stick with Windows and get something Nokia (I currently have a Lumia 920). If you have any suggestions on the Nokia front for me and any for Android (with a big screen) for my wife.
Also I would like my bill to be less than £50 for both and would be ;looking for 500 - 600 mins per phone and 500mb - 1gb of data.
Cheers peeps!!

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

TallPaul70

crippyd wrote:

Could I get some advice from the UK side of this lovely forum please?
My wife and I are looking for new mobiles, she is interested in the Sony Z3 and I would like to stick with Windows and get something Nokia (I currently have a Lumia 920). If you have any suggestions on the Nokia front for me and any for Android (with a big screen) for my wife.
Also I would like my bill to be less than £50 for both and would be ;looking for 500 - 600 mins per phone and 500mb - 1gb of data.
Cheers peeps!!

Strange as it might sound, try Tesco... me and Mrs TallPaul got Moto Gs from there recently, 500 mins, 5000 texts, 500mb, £13.50 a month. Now, I don't know what they offer with the phones you're interested in, but they seem to have good deals at the mo. And you can pick up some nice cheese at the same time. Mmmm, cheese...

TallPaul70

HEADESTROYER4

Red620Ti wrote:

Had the morning from hell this morning, this country sucks at dealing with cold!

Left the house at 06:40. Walked with my 3 year old son to the child minders, pavements like an ice rink. He must have fallen 10 times, each time I managed to hold him up as he holding my hand, but a child swinging on the end of your arm when you're pushing a bike with the other gets a little wearying.

Anyway, drop him off, and think "Its too goddamn cold to ride all the way, I'll get the train" so pedal off to the station. Get there at 07:05, train due at 07:21. It turned up at 07:57. I start work at 08:00. So I get into Nottingham, get back on my bike, pedal all the way to work then as soon as I turn into our drive I hit a massive patch of ice and fell off my bike. Banged my elbow and knee up, and twisted my back or something.

Wish I'd just stayed in bed............

That sounds like a rough one Red! Days like that are what Cuban Rum was invented for. This is in no way pX endorsed advice, but when I fudge my back up, Ice is the best thing. If it's a lower back muscle pull, resting with an ice-pack over the zone does wonders!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

MsJubilee

Vincent294 wrote:

I couldn't bring myself to post this on Push Square so I'm posting this here. It would be too polarizing, and it would bring back too many bad memories. Enjoy: Sony Offers Honest Statement on the Vita

Why not?I think people there aren't fanboys,i think i don't know i haven't been there.I'm not man enough cause i don't have a PS4.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Xbox Gamertag: Cherry5268

Vincent294

midnafanboy wrote:

Vincent294 wrote:

I couldn't bring myself to post this on Push Square so I'm posting this here. It would be too polarizing, and it would bring back too many bad memories. Enjoy: Sony Offers Honest Statement on the Vita

Why not?I think people there aren't fanboys,i think i don't know i haven't been there.I'm not man enough cause i don't have a PS4.

They generally aren't, in fact, many would take this and laugh at it. But there are a couple users, one whose name I remember but won't say, that would be pretty upset. In general that site is good with those types of things, but not too long ago I saw someone go as far as insulting the moderators over a Vita discussion. They're supposed to be temp banned right now, but I'm not taking any chances of things going downhill. I've seen that too many times as of late. If you want to post it, go ahead, I'm cool with that, but I'm not sure if I want to see another flame war right now. It's annoying enough as it is. It seems as if half the Internet is so devoid of a life that they just spend time being inflammatory. Some of the trolls are back of some of the sites I read, and I'm just waiting for them to snap again like one did. The troll threw a bunch of racial slurs at one point; I rejoiced and so did the mods, as we were waiting for them to snap. They'd generally been pretty good about treading somewhere between obnoxious and banworthy, so for us it was a win. This site has not just been devoid of drama (Push Square as of late), fanboys (some of Nintendo Life, depends on the user, it happens when you get that big), but even trolls (most other sites, annoying as hell, starting s*** just cause they feel like it).

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

MsJubilee

Vincent294 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Vincent294 wrote:

They generally aren't, in fact, many would take this and laugh at it. But there are a couple users, one whose name I remember but won't say, that would be pretty upset. In general that site is good with those types of things, but not too long ago I saw someone go as far as insulting the moderators over a Vita discussion. They're supposed to be temp banned right now, but I'm not taking any chances of things going downhill. I've seen that too many times as of late. If you want to post it, go ahead, I'm cool with that, but I'm not sure if I want to see another flame war right now. It's annoying enough as it is. It seems as if half the Internet is so devoid of a life that they just spend time being inflammatory. Some of the trolls are back of some of the sites I read, and I'm just waiting for them to snap again like one did. The troll threw a bunch of racial slurs at one point; I rejoiced and so did the mods, as we were waiting for them to snap. They'd generally been pretty good about treading somewhere between obnoxious and banworthy, so for us it was a win. This site has not just been devoid of drama (Push Square as of late), fanboys (some of Nintendo Life, depends on the user, it happens when you get that big), but even trolls (most other sites, annoying as hell, starting s*** just cause they feel like it).

Wow throwing racial slurs at a mod?That's crazy well good thing i don't go to Push Square that and i don't own a Sony console.But back to the topic fanboy's in Nintendo Life?Hmm i can name one R-champ i thinks that's how you spell his name,dude thinks if you have a Sony avatar you're automatically a Sony fanboy.And you're just hating on Nintendo.It's crazy that's why he has some much hate for Jaz007.That's why i like this site more than the others,cause it's quiet,no fanboy BS,no trolling nonsense.But i will say this Nintendo Life has it's fair share of drama.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Xbox Gamertag: Cherry5268

Vincent294

midnafanboy wrote:

Vincent294 wrote:

Wow throwing racial slurs at a mod?That's crazy well good thing i don't go to Push Square that and i don't own a Sony console.But back to the topic fanboy's in Nintendo Life?Hmm i can name one R-champ i thinks that's how you spell his name,dude thinks if you have a Sony avatar you're automatically a Sony fanboy.And you're just hating on Nintendo.It's crazy that's why he has some much hate for Jaz007.That's why i like this site more than the others,cause it's quiet,no fanboy BS,no trolling nonsense.But i will say this Nintendo Life has it's fair share of drama.

Not on Push Square, or at a mod (2 different incidents on 2 different sites, the insults at a mod on Push Square, the racial slurs on Game Informer). And R-Champ...I almost forgot about him. This site's a good one, and civil at that. Part is out of Px's control, but whatever the case, the community here has shaped nicely. Nintendo Life is still decent, but both the community (inevitable) and the editorials on rare occasion (less so) aren't what they used to be.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Gamer83

I'm starting to get sick of some of the stuff going on at PushSquare. I still post there because it is, imo, the best outlet for PS news, but the community has become a bunch of fanboys and they are way too senstitive about the cursing and other stuff. I dropped an f bomb on there but censored out the two middle letters and still got a stern 'dont' use that language again' warning eventhough I'm actually one of the friendlier people there. Negative sure, but I don't force my opinion on people, I don't curse others out, though I have been trolled several times without anybody doing a damn thing about it. And I've seen other people get words censored too. It's so stupid, we live in such a soft society. Most of us are adults so if some can't handle an f word or the s word, especially if they're censored, which I make sure I do for those with thin skin, that shouldn't be my problem. Especially if it's not directed at anybody but the incompetent idiots who run Sony, Capcom or Square, all companies that are screwing up beyond belief lately.

NLife is more than a joke and has been for a while. Only reason I go there anymore is there's some crossover with the writers here and I like to read their opinions on stuff.

For this website... I think it's the best Xbox website around and for all the work Ken and staff put in, it deserves to be huge. But, unfortunately, wtih that comes the same that happened to NLife and the same that has now happened to PushSquare. The invasion of the loser, sensitive fanboys who report anything they don't agree with. I'll give NLife this, I don't see them censoring stuff left and right or banning people too often, but the level of 'Nintendo is perfect' is out of control and PushSquare is quickly catching up. The community at PX seems to have a bunch of open minded gamers first, maybe most prefer Xbox but there is no fanboy bs and I'd like it to stay that way, but unfortunately it can't.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

tylertreese

Not going to touch the comments about the other Nlife sites but I will say thank you for the praise and your readership, Gamer83! Whole staff appreciates it

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

sorethumbed

Nice! Marcus Everidge

Weirdly, Dame Edna turned up on telly a couple of hours after I posted. The Gladioli must be channelling!

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Captain_Chao5

sorethumbed wrote:

Nice! Marcus Everidge

Weirdly, Dame Edna turned up on telly a couple of hours after I posted. The Gladioli must be channelling!

You watched the Red Nose Bake off too then

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.